Thursday, March 22, 2012

Review: 13 to Life

13 to Life by Shannon Delany.

Summary from Goodreads.

Everything about Jessie Gillmansen’s life changed when her mother died. Now even her hometown of Junction is changing.  Mysterious dark things are happening. All Jessie wants is to avoid more change. But showing a hot new guy around Junction High, she’s about to discover a whole new type of change. Pietr Rusakova is more than good looks and a fascinating accent—he’s a guy with a dangerous secret. And his very existence is sure to bring big trouble to Jessie’s small town.

It seems change is the one thing Jessie can’t avoid.

Review

I picked this book up for two reasons. One: I love werewolves. They're my favorite supernatural beastie and so if I see a book on them, I have to snatch it up. Two: Shannon Delany is totally awesome and since I've known her for a while now, I realized I hadn't read her books and I should totally change that. So glad I did!

A super quick read, Shannon writes with humor and an honesty that feels true to a teen voice. Jessie's history isn't known right away, that comes gradually through the book but I liked it better that way. The Rusakova family is fascinating and lots of fun as the reader dives further into the book.


This series is fast-paced and lots of fun to read with some unexpected twists. Well worth a look and the series just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to learn more about the Rusakovas, Jessie and their friends.


Also: the little mentions of Twilight for explanations? Hilarious.


Received through interlibrary loan.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so what are your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...